Last time to have a First time In College!

day 1:
so my first class today was the class with the professor from India which was with graduate students and Sarah :) Before I walked out of the doors from my room with roommates who i never planned on rooming with..I prepared myself. I felt like the only thing that would happen today would be that people would shower me with questions. Instead to my surprise..none! Rather no one even asked..and it felt like people accepted it, no questions asked! It wasn't the reaction I was expecting at all, so it felt kind of nice! So, when the day began, I went straight to find where the class was going to be held..and clearly my own professor was probably surprised that I'm from India. And when Sarah came in she recognized me! I was almost surprised, I guess I feel like by covering my head I lose a piece of my identity, but with every single person being able to recognize me today, that point is no longer valid. Covering my head or not, people still recognize me! I remember when another friend of mine saw me, I think he was just stunned or surprised, so he gave a second look. Which definitely made me realize that I look quite different today. But class went reasonably well, I even got to tell the professor that it is Eid on Tuesday, so I'll be skipping! haha! And he was like, sure sure, han! ok! and I was like..man having an Indian professor isn't that bad at all! In fact, dude doesnt even have a bad accent, like fobbiness doesnt reek from him..and he understands Americans really well and how to explain things (which definitely surprised me) and maybe I was being lenient to him since he did just arrive from India..but honestly...if I didnt know his story..I'd say..he isnt close to a fob at all! So this class will definitely be fun, and being originally from India, I still feel like I can learn a lot! So it is excting. Then I went to work, and I was surprised Colin recognized me, and Lauren asked no questions. And helping people felt the same way, it was all the same basically! And then I had class, man this class is huge! And it seems scary, and hopefully this and Biochem is all I need to be scared about! But in general I was able to answer the pre-test questions with no second guessing, so I dont think it should be terrible! But after that, I was walking back to my room, I kind of took care of stuff before, like checked the Student Center to see their new meal changes and then went to Bernard to get my card working for Farris. So as I was right by the cafeteria, so close to my room in the hot heat, I see a girl with a hijab on..and I was like oh boy! Either she will try to talk to me..or she won't..quite simple! Well, she said Asalam Walaikum..and I was like..man she is good! So I replied with Waliakum Asalam..and basically started talking to her. She said she was new here and needed some help, she was half hoping that I was from Saudi, but breaking her heart I replied India. But nonetheless she continued to talk to me and I started asking her questions also! I invited her to come to my room, but then she said she has to come back for a class, realizing that would be a hassle we decided to walk to the student center! And continued talking, I made sure I let her know that today was the first time I'm wearing a hijab. And she told me some about herself, she first asked about Eid and just how Ramadan is going. So I offered her to come with me to the prayer in Little Rock, she said she'll ask her brother. Quickly I learned that she is a little dependent on her brother, cause he perhaps has the car? I"m not sure, but I causually asked if he is older, and she said no, she is older. And then I was like astonished! And once we were in the student center, I learned that she is already married and has a 2 year old son! At that point I was like..man, I feel like I'm behind in life! Haha, not really!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be a Messenger

School Started...